Skip to main content


Paternity actions involve parties who never married but have a child together. Oftentimes, we need to help either a father establish his legal rights to his child including custody and visitation. We can also help a mother obtain child support for her child or defend a Petition filed against her by a birth father. Other times, a father or mother needs help disestablishing paternity after a birth certificate has been signed. Disestablishment is necessary when a mother finds out the man listed on the certificate is not her child’s biological father.

There are different ways we help you resolve paternity issues. Our attorneys are well versed in this area of the law. We have experience appearing before our juvenile court Judges to help you handle paternity matters.

Review Your Legal Rights

If you find yourself needing to defend a Petition that has been filed against you or needing to file a Petition, we are happy help. We will sit down with you to review paternity law, your rights and how to best move forward.

Therefore, should you have any questions, feel free to contact Kane & Crowell at (615) 784-4800.  With six full time attorneys and five paralegals and other support staff, there is always someone available to speak with you.