Tag: If your spouse has as laywer?

Uncontested Divorces – If your spouse has a lawyer, do you need an attorney?


We often receive calls from people whose spouse has presented them with legal documents asking for a divorce. The divorce, however, is something they both want and all they have to do on their end is sign the papers they are presented with.

Do you sign them without consulting with an attorney? That’s a tough call.

First know, it’s extremely difficult to get those papers set aside once you sign them. Most Judges will not set them aside unless you can show you were under duress or there was fraud committed. Both are very hard to prove.

Second, once you sign, the legal standard to change those papers when it comes to custody of children becomes more difficult. And there is no way most times to change a property settlement agreement,

The papers you have been presented with can have life long consequences and the cost involved in changing them often is significant.

Our office charges an hourly consultation fee to review the papers with you. We can advise what the law is and if we believe the papers are fair or not fair. We can also undertake to fully represent you if you need us to negotiate them before signing them.

If you decide to sign them without an attorney consultation, then read every single line and be sure you completely understand the legal ramifications of certain obligations you are agreeing to. There is no harm in not signing them until you completely understand them

Do you need a Laywer?, If your spouse has as laywer?, Uncontested Divorces

Kane & Crowell, PLLC
Vita Infusion & Wellness logo

Kane & Crowell PLLC - Lebanon TN Law Firm - Attorney At Law - Serving Lebanon, Mt. Juliet, Watertown, Carthage, Gordonsville, Hartsville & Lafayette.

© Kane Law. All Rights Reserved. Website designed by Bear Web Design